References for Entire Website
1. "Opioids and Chronic Pain | NIH MedlinePlus the Magazine." U.S National Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/magazine/issues/spring11/articles/spring11pg9.html Accessed February 18, 2015.
2. Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction: Facts for Families and Friends. N.p.: n.p., n.d. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2011. http://store.samhsa.gov/shin/content/SMA09-4443/SMA09-4443.pdf. Accessed February 18, 2015.
3. Sehgal N, Manchikanti L, Smith HS. Prescription opioid abuse in chronic pain: a review of opioid abuse predictors and strategies to curb opioid abuse. Pain Physician. 2012;15:ES67-ES92.
4. Policy Impact: Prescription Painkiller Overdoses. N.p.: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2011.
5. Volkow, Nora. “Prescription Drug Abuse: It’s Not what the doctor ordered.” National Prescription Drug Abuse Summit. Orlando, FL. April 2012.
6. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Results from the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings, NSDUH Series H-48, HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4863. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2014.
7. "Opioid Painkiller Prescribing." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 01 July 2014. http://www.cdc.gov/vitalsigns/opioid-prescribing/. Accessed February 18, 2015.
8. "Prescription Drug Overdose in the United States: Fact Sheet." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/overdose/facts.html. Accessed February 18, 2015.
9. "Prescription Drug Abuse." National Institute on Drug Abuse. N.p., Nov. 2014. http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/prescription-drugs/opioids/how-do-opioids-affect-brain-body. Accessed February 18, 2015.
10. "Buprenorphine: An Office-Based Treatment for Opioid Dependence." City Health Information 27.4 (2008): 25-36. http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/chi/chi27-4.pdf. Accessed March 12, 2015.
11. Kahan, Meldon et al. “Misuse of and Dependence on Opioids: Study of Chronic Pain Patients.” Canadian Family Physician 52.9 (2006): 1081. Print.
12. "Opiate Withdrawal: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia." MedlinePlus. U.S. National Library of Medicine. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000949.htm. Accessed February 18, 2015.
13. Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide. N.p.: National Institute on Drug Abuse, n.d. Print.